shotwell wrong event dates
Xavi Viader
2011-08-03 12:13:02 UTC
Hi all,
I've recently submitted to this discussion because I'm having a "silly"
problem with event dates. I found that you had already disccused that (see
below) but I'm still having this problem importing photos. I'm using
shotwell 0.10.1.

When I import 'in place' (from a local folder) some all event dates are
wrong almost 25 days before, even in some cases I got a repeated
date...anyway I saw an email (below) saying that you weren't able to
reproduce it (email from antoni). This issue has happened to me always
(Ubuntu 10.04,10.10 and 11.04). Could it be a matter of system language?
Please let me know whatever you think could be and help other people with de
same problem.

thanks a lot for any help

xavi

Re: [Shotwell] Shotwell 0.9.3 wrong event date

Lucas Beeler
Mon, 16 May 2011 14:50:33 -0700

Hi Antoni,

Two of us at Yorba -- one engineer running Ubuntu Natty and another
running Ubuntu Maverick -- have tried to reproduce your issue and
we've been unable to. Whenever we import the photo you sent, it's
placed in the correct (May 10th) event. Perhaps someone else on the
mailing list has seen a problem like this before and could chime in?

Cheers,
Lucas

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 1:12 PM, Antoni Olivella
Lucas,
I have imported today May 11th, some pictures taken yesterday 10th.
Following your sugestion, I tried first immporting from a folder and I
got the picture filed in the correct folder: 10, but placed in a new wrong
event 12 May.
I am attaching some snapshots showing this results and the photo itself.
(menus are in catalan but there would be obvious to you)
I did again with all the pictures directly from the camera and I had the same
results. Correct folder name but wrong event date 12th may.
By the way, when I imported pictures from the camera and tick the "not
those already imported" shotwell ignored the tick and imported all again.
May be is the same problem about dates?.
Regards.
antoni
El dl 09 de 05 de 2011 a les 13:43 -0700, en/na Lucas Beeler va
Hi Antoni,
First, if you import the same photos from your hard disk (say, by
copying them off of your camera and onto your local disk, and then
dragging the photo files into Shotwell), are incorrect events still
generated? Second, if incorrect events are still generated, could you
Cheers,
Lucas
Eric Gregory
2011-08-03 19:55:31 UTC
Post by Xavi Viader
Hi all,
I've recently submitted to this discussion because I'm having a "silly"
problem with event dates. I found that you had already disccused that (see
below) but I'm still having this problem importing photos. I'm using
shotwell 0.10.1.
When I import 'in place' (from a local folder) some all event dates are
wrong almost 25 days before, even in some cases I got a repeated
date...anyway I saw an email (below) saying that you weren't able to
reproduce it (email from antoni). This issue has happened to me always
(Ubuntu 10.04,10.10 and 11.04). Could it be a matter of system language?
Please let me know whatever you think could be and help other people with de
same problem.
Anything is possible! If you could tell us exactly what system language you
have, what time zone you're in, and send us a photo that exhibits this
problem, that might be helpful (not that you can't send e-mail attachments
to the mailing list.)

Also: does this happen for all photos, or just some?

- Eric
Xavi Viader
2011-08-04 14:32:21 UTC
Hi Eric,
thanks for your response.

Today (4th august) I've taken a picture and shotwell shows 1st of august.

System language: catalan
Time zone: greenwich +1

Thanks

xavi
- Eric
antoni-Mt5uZgaV4hb5se+/
2011-08-04 17:50:46 UTC

I have the same problem as reported some weeks ago. Using also catalan
and time zone +1..

The error on event dates goes from 1 week before. In any csse the day
of the week (sunday) is always correct.

antoni
Xavi Viader
2011-08-05 08:05:54 UTC
Hi all,
I've done a little test. I've had changed system language to English
(deleting all other languages) and Shotwell shows all event dates correct
except those events that i've edited manually, Even some of they are
repeated all dates are right. So I guess that is related to system language.

I hope it helps to sort it out.

xavi
Hi,
Post by Xavi Viader
thanks for your response.
Today (4th august) I've taken a picture and shotwell shows 1st of august.
System language: catalan
Time zone: greenwich +1
Thanks
xavi
Post by Xavi Viader
Hi all,
Xavi Viader
2011-08-06 07:41:50 UTC
Just to confirm that again in catalan event dates are wrong.

Cheers

Xavi

* enviat des d'un mòbil
Post by Xavi Viader
thanks for your response.
Today (4th august) I've taken a picture and shotwell shows 1st of august.
System language: catalan
Time zone: greenwich +1
Thanks
xavi
Post by Xavi Viader
Hi all,
Adam Dingle
2011-08-07 06:12:08 UTC
Thanks for the bug report. I've ticketed this here:

http://redmine.yorba.org/issues/3943

adam
Hi,
Post by Xavi Viader
Hi all,
I've done a little test. I've had changed system language to English
(deleting all other languages) and Shotwell shows all event dates correct
except those events that i've edited manually, Even some of they are
repeated all dates are right. So I guess that is related to system
language.
Post by Xavi Viader
I hope it helps to sort it out.
xavi
Hi,
Post by Xavi Viader
Post by antoni-Mt5uZgaV4hb5se+/
Post by Xavi Viader
System language: catalan
Time zone: greenwich +1
Thanks
xavi
Post by Xavi Viader
Hi all,
Post by Xavi Viader
Xavi Viader
2011-08-13 16:04:48 UTC
I hope this message helps a bit more to sort this "bug" out.
I've just realised that if I go to Adjust date/time the calendar appears
with the correct date. Only events and photo info (main window) are wrong.
I've attached this picture
what I'm explaining. You will see the wrong date (august 1st) and the right
date (august 4th).

cheers,

xavi

http://redmine.yorba.org/issues/3943
http://redmine.yorba.org/**issues/3943<http://redmine.yorba.org/issues/3943>
adam
Hi,
Post by Xavi Viader
Hi all,
I've done a little test. I've had changed system language to English
(deleting all other languages) and Shotwell shows all event dates correct
except those events that i've edited manually, Even some of they are
repeated all dates are right. So I guess that is related to system
language.
Post by Xavi Viader
I hope it helps to sort it out.
xavi
Hi,
Post by Xavi Viader
thanks for your response.
Today (4th august) I've taken a picture and shotwell shows 1st of
august.
System language: catalan
Post by antoni-Mt5uZgaV4hb5se+/
Post by Xavi Viader
Time zone: greenwich +1
Thanks
xavi
Post by Xavi Viader
Hi all,
Post by Xavi Viader
xavi viader
2011-08-07 16:21:59 UTC
Thanks!!

* enviat des d'un mòbil

Thanks for the bug report. I've ticketed this here:

http://redmine.yorba.org/issues/3943

adam
Hi,
Post by Xavi Viader